g <$BlogRSDUrl$>
Hackneyed, Baby!

Pain Has A Bad Reaction

Friday, May 12, 2006
You who have not been following the latest news about Kent may have missed that they have recorded a brand new song (well, it has borrowed a little from an old Jones & Giftet-song, but it's more new than old anyway) called "Nålens Öga" ("The Needle's Eye"). It's written for swedish organisation - probably international too, but I don't know the international name - Rädda Barnen. All benefits from the song will go directly to them, which is nice. The song itself is actually really good. Rather than sounding look anything from The Hjärta & Smärta EP or Du & Jag Döden it sounds more like something recorded around 1997. It's very Isola, and very melancholic. What I love about it is that for the first time in forever Jocke uses his very nasal, high voice that almost blends in to the guitars, an effect that hasn't really been used much in their music since around the time of Isola and Hagnesta Hill.
Overall the song is great, and even though I hate to pay for downloads I suggest you go to CDON.com and buy it. The you should toss that wma-file to hell and download a mp3-version instead. That way you support the cause and can still play the goddamn thing in any program you wish without having to slow the whole computer down.

Jarno wanted me to do some sort of summer music-post, and I will do that but not today. Today hasn't been all that summery, but I'm having hopes for the weekend so keep checking in then.

Oh! Almost forgot to bragg that Timo Räisänen has posted my review of his album I'm Indian over at his MySpace. I'm not usually a cocky person but I thought that was pretty neat.
20:53 :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Rikard Olsson :: permalink